Hercules will invite DJing communities to live the RMX 2 experience from a unique perspective during the World Tour event, which will run from the end of summer until the end of the year - practicing mixing, learning new techniques, enhancing their skills, teaming up with emerging DJing artists and sharing their passion, participating in DJing contests and much more. So, who’s in?
Over the past 4 years, the DJ Console RMX by Hercules - the leader in mobile DJing controllers for PC and Mac - has been adopted by a number of DJs who have embraced computer DJing, and have trained and evolved using this technology. The DJ Console RMX soon became the benchmark device in its category - a DJing controller for PC and Mac available for less than 350 € - thanks to its user-friendly controls, its audio interface featuring inputs and outputs and its metal case. Today, its creators’ passion burns brighter than ever; they are pleased to introduce the second generation of this device: the Hercules DJConsole RMX 2.
Exceptional audio quality
The Hercules DJConsole RMX 2 is the first controller in its category boasting a high-resolution 96 kHz/24 bit audio interface for Windows® (ASIO) and Mac® (Core Audio). For audiences and DJs alike, the device’s 96 kHz/24 bit audio capabilities offer audio quality and dynamic sound that are far superior to a 44.1 kHz/16 bit interface. The DJConsole RMX 2 is a part of the current DJing trend; DJs can now create high-resolution audio mixes, as
- a growing number of DJing software applications (VirtualDJ® 8, Traktor® Pro, Ableton) become compatible with a 96 KHz/24 bit resolution.
- The Mastered for iTunes program provides a number of 96 kHz/24 bit digital audio tracks
- Computers running Mac OS and Windows 7 64-bit can handle this resolution without increasing latency DJs wishing to distribute their music as high-resolution audio files using programs such as Mastered for iTunes can easily create high-resolution music tracks with the DJConsole RMX2.
The DJConsole RMX2 features a comprehensive set of audio outputs and inputs:
- 2 balanced XLR outputs suited to PA amplifiers, long cable lengths (balanced outputs help reduce audio interferences) and studio recording work
- 2 RCA outputs for monitoring mixes or connecting hi-fi systems
- 2 stereo connectors (6.35 mm) for headphones
- 4 RCA inputs for mixing 2 external stereo sources, with 2 Line/Phono switches
- 1 balanced microphone input (XLR/Jack combo), ideal for talkover applications, suited to both balanced high-end microphones and non-balanced consumer microphones.
A rugged metal case
With its metal casing, the DJConsole RMX 2 is a solid device that will live up to the most intense mixing sessions and transport conditions. Its compact measurements (35 x 25 cm) and limited weight (2.6 kg) make it ideally suited to following mobile DJs on the road; in addition, the DJConsole RMX 2 is provided with a carry bag.
The DJConsole RMX 2 features :
- pressure-sensitive jog wheels for scratching
- 2 sets of 4 backlit velocity sensitive pads enable DJs to control loops, effects, samples and cue points; DJs can use the pads to trigger instant controls or, by varying their velocity, can control the sound amplitude.
- The rotary encoder located in each set of 4 pads can be used to modulate the last control triggered on a pad after a hit.
- 5 faders and 10 rotary potentiometers in 14-bit MIDI mode offer extreme precision for mixing. The cross-fader can be replaced with a Mini-Innofader® control.
- Transport buttons featuring a supple rubber cap and a short-travel tact switch with a haptic feedback. Unleash your creativity and party on!
A comprehensive software suite
The DJConsole RMX 2 will be supplied with two DJing software apps: DJUCEDTM 40° and VirtualDJ® 8 LE. VirtualDJ 8 LE combines efficient mix controls with a user-friendly graphic user interface, and also offers 24-bit/96 KHz audio resolution. (Until VirtualDJ 8 LE is released, RMX 2 owners will be able to use VirtualDJ 7 LE). DJUCED 40°, the new DJ mixing software, offers unequalled audio clarity combined with 24-bit/96 KHz audio resolution. It displays the mix in a streamlined graphic user interface, allowing DJs to concentrate on their music.
The Hercules DJConsole RMX 2 will be available from mid-August 2012, at the suggested retail price of £279.99 incl. VAT.